Tuesday 1 January 2013

Easy Peasy Black Beans

This black bean recipe is my go-to for an easy, almost pre free, meal. I do several variations depending on what I have on hand, but here's the one I did yesterday.


Easy Peasy Black Beans

Ingredients:
1 19oz can of black beans
3/4 cup of salsa
1/2 cup of water (or stock)
2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp chopped pickled hot peppers
1 tps taco seasoning


1. Saute your chopped garlic in some oil in a small pot. Once fragrant add your drained and rised black beans.

2. Add salsa, and gradually add water as needed (I prefer mine to be a bit thicker) Add your seasoning and hot peppers. 

3. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15- 20 mins.



I like to enjoy these beans in many different ways: 
Over rice
In a burrito 
Added to scrambled eggs 
Taco Salad
By themselves :)



1 comment:

  1. Hi Danyelle :)
    I just discovered your blog through finding vegan and I have to say, what a pretty one! It's not hard to tell you're a graphic designer. Such a cute design!
    Greeting from Germany, Lara

    ReplyDelete