Wednesday 13 February 2013

Vegan Waffles


Ok, so waffles! If you enjoy making your food by cooking it with two mini irons, then I suggest you invest in a waffle maker. I picked mine up for $5 at the thrift store and I've never looked back. They're less messy then pancakes, and there's something fun about eating gridded food. Waffles can be sweet or savoury, so I say we start making waffles the new trendy side dish. 



Vegan Blueberry Waffles:
Serves 3
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup milk substitute
1/2 cup water 
1 tsp vanilla 
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup blueberries 

Directions:
-Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. 
-Gently stir in milk, water, vanilla and oil. Fold in berries.
-Prepare according to waffle iron instructions.



"I'm also great with chocolate chips!"


1 comment:

  1. Waffles are so my favorite and I love the addition of blueberries!

    ReplyDelete